Techfluency 101: A Past Exploration of Information Technology in Language Education


Welcome back! ...or should I say goodbye?

You're right! This blog post is the last post of my entire blog. I have finished my one-semester course, and I would love to share my remarkable experience here with you. I will divide this particular post into parts to make it more special and easier for you to read!

WHAT I LEARNED THROUGHOUT THE SEMESTER
The response to this one might be a little cliché, but I learned a lot throughout this course. Before I enrolled in this course, I did not know what I was going to learn exactly. However, from the very beginning of the class, I was taught so many things, but it was not in the overwhelming way. In fact, I actually enjoyed the class most of the time. A moment that I still remember clearly is when I watched a video about AI learning how to walk. I was rather shocked to know that AI could be punished and rewarded for its actions, but it was really fun learning something new.

Aside from that, most importantly, I now know how to elevate my teaching by using online tools, and there are numerous tools that I can use, such ae Kahoot, Mentimeter, Padlet, TED-ed, and many more.

THE APP/TOOL THAT INTRIGUES ME THE MOST
Out of the thousands, if not millions, of tools out there, there is one that stands out the most in my opinion. It is TED-ed! I have discussed this tool in one of my blogs before, but I cannot get over this tool as it is just amazing. In short, TED-ed is an online tool mainly for improving listening skills through watching videos and answering questions. It may sound like any other tools, but how TED-ed is designed is what I like about it. It is easy to use, eye-catching, and of course, it is educational! I totally recommend teachers as well as students to try to use this tool.

If you would like to know more about TED-ed, below is the link to my review of it:

THE IMPORTANCE OF TPACK
From what I have learned so far, I definitely believe TPACK is important in daily lives, including education. TPACK (Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge) not only replaces the traditional way of doing things but also greatly improves it, making it more practical. Beyond that, TPACK can be accessed easily these days, which make it less difficult for people to use. Lastly, people can use it for various purposes however they want.

FEEDBACK
Upon reflection, I enjoyed the course and how it was delivered. The materials were interesting, and the activities were not too burdening. There is always room for improvement, but frankly speaking, I do not see how this course can be improved more.

FINAL MESSAGE
In this last post, it is only fair to close it with a heartfelt message. I would like to express my gratitude to my lecturer who has been very patient in teaching us and delivering the topics. He motivated all of his students, including me, to be better. I would not have been able to pass this course without his guidance and support.

Next, I am sending a big thank you to all my friends who accompanied me in finishing this course. They were there in the ups and downs, and I would not trade that for anything.

Last but not least, to my readers, a.k.a you! Thank you for these past few months full of bliss and knowledge. You stayed and eagerly read my posts, and that means a lot to me. When I first started this blog, I did not really know what to expect, but I guess I am now kind of “techfluent”, and that is also because of your support!

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that it has been a memorable journey of writing blog posts. Time passed by, and here we are in 2024, and I have completed a course, and you are still here, but no matter how long a story is, it ends when it ends. Please keep learning, keep moving forward, and keep being real. See you when I see you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Controversy of Artificial Intelligence in Education

Online Collaborative Tools and How to Use Them

Combining Language with Technology: What and How