Autonomous Learning Through Recorded Teaching

 

    Source: Zoom (https://zoom.us/id)

Hi, welcome back, students!

After talking about some applications and websites the students can use, in this particular blog, we are going to discuss another program that we can apply to language teaching and learning. It is Zoom! As you have probably known and experienced, we used this communication platform during the pandemic because everything was done online, including going to school. Well, I have actually touched the surface of this topic in the previous blog, so let's directly discuss our main focus!

Recently, I recorded a teaching video with Zoom about passive voice. There were no significant problems except internet connection. It got a bit laggy at some points, but fortunately, it was still manageable.

"Is it effective and easy to use? Should I do it for my students?" The answer is yes! I really recommend you to try it because it is actually a very simple program. There are a lot of tutorial videos that you can find on YouTube. Here is one example: https://youtu.be/QOUwumKCW7M?feature=shared

As for the tools, I only used Zoom to record the videos and WPS Office for the presentation. The two were enough for me to support and enhance the teaching process, and I believe the recording is already good in most aspects. However, I would say that I need to try to add more engagement and excitement as offline and online teaching are very different.

If you'd like to watch the video of my teaching, please do so and let me know what you think about it in the comment section!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Controversy of Artificial Intelligence in Education

Online Collaborative Tools and How to Use Them

Combining Language with Technology: What and How